Coupons by Equestrian - 4 results
Employer: JETS – The Jockeys Employment & Training Scheme
Salary: TBC – Dependent on experience
Location: Home-based with nationwide travel
Job Type: Fixed Term (Full time)
How to Apply: Please apply to Lisa Delany with a cover letter and CV: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking to recruit a full-time Jockey Coach to be responsible for leading a team of experienced and qualified jockey coaches to deliver a nationwide highly successful Jockey Coaching Programme (JCP) run in collaboration with the British Horseracing Authority, PJA, JETS, BRS and NRC.
This role involves engagement with relevant stakeholders promoting the JCP and strategic planning to build on its initial success. The existing cohort of coaches, working across a wide geographic area, require leadership and direction to enable them to continue to develop within their role and become further established as a coaching team.
The jockey, as a professional sportsperson, generally works on a one to one basis with their jockey coach and the aim of the programme is to support and develop every individual to maximise their performance both on and off the racecourse.
1. To develop and maintain effective working relationships with jockey coaches and all relevant stakeholders.
2. To further develop the team of jockey coaches through relevant team building activities and CPD events.
3. Develop, implement and evaluate quality assurance systems in relation to all aspects of jockey coaching and development.
4. Create and maintain effective internal and external communication channels with jockey coaches, jockeys and other stakeholders.
5. Work with all stakeholders to create effective external PR opportunities to promote the JCP throughout the racing industry and beyond.
6. To support the progression and effective operation of the JCP, to ensure all claiming jockeys are engaged with the programme; liaison with the BHA Licensing and regulatory teams.
7. Develop and deliver training and coaching sessions in line with industry strategies and qualification requirements. This will include one-to-one training sessions, telephone mentoring, reviewing videos of races, attending Racing Excellence Series Races, conducting coaching workshops and such other coaching initiatives as may be required.
8. Undertake performance reviews and motivate jockey coaches to improve their performance and achieve qualifications by setting and reviewing goals, encouraging self-analysis of performance and giving feedback where appropriate. Assist jockey coaches with long-term career planning, guidance, setting goals and targets as appropriate.
9. Provide mentoring and personal support to jockeys working closely with JETS PDM, sourcing and working with specialist support providers where appropriate.
10. Prepare regular and comprehensive reports on JCP activities including identifying success measures and key performance indicators.
11. Represent the stakeholders and the sport of horseracing and by acting in a professional manner at all times and maintaining good practice in respect of health and safety, regulations, integrity and the safeguarding of learners.
12. Remain up to date with any and all amendments and additions to the Rules of Racing, industry policies and key messages and coaching best practice.
13. Organise agreed number of coaching and training sessions, linked to training races and the overall training programme.
14. Support and maintain accurate records of coaching activity to allow progress to be monitored and measured and provide accurate assessment of performance.
15. Be an ambassador for coaching and education in the industry, promoting a culture of openness and learning.
Closing date: 23 September 2016
Interview date: 5 October 2016
Employer: Scropton Riding for the Disabled
Location: Scropton, Derbyshire DE65 5PL
Job Type: Permanent (Full time)
How to Apply: Please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com
This is a unique opportunity to join an organisation where you can make a real difference to people’s lives. We are an ambitious Charity providing riding and carriage driving opportunities for both disabled and non-disabled clients, supported by a team of staff and volunteers.
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Volunteer Co-ordinator with great people, team work and communication skills. Equestrian knowledge is not essential but would be an advantage. Responsibilities include ensuring we have a great team of trained volunteers matched to the requirements of the charity. This is a full time but flexible role, working 40 hours a week including some weekends and evenings.
If you are looking for a challenge where you can make a real difference and are prepared to go that extra mile to succeed we are very keen to hear from you.
Closing date: 15 September 2016
Interview date: 26 September 2016
Employer: Pentathlon GB
Salary: £28,000 to £30,000
Location: Bath, South West
Job Type: Permanent (Full time)
How to Apply: Please forward your CV and a short covering letter to the email address above, detailing why you are suitable for the role
OFFICE MANAGER & EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
After the success of London 2012, and now looking forward to Rio 2016, Pentathlon GB is seeking an experienced, friendly and dynamic individual to be part of a small team to continue the process of managing and modernising the sport’s National Governing Body.
The post holder will be responsible for the management of administrative functions with line management responsibilities at Pentathlon GB and will also be the Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer.
The exciting new role is a full-time post based at Pentathlon GB’s Head Office at the University of Bath but will have some requirement to travel in the UK from time to time – including providing support at national events.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and naturally collaborative individual with a desire and ambition to achieve the highest possible standards for themselves, the organisation and for those involved in Modern Pentathlon.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate technical and personal skills and qualities in the following areas:
1. Good all round education to graduate degree level or equivalent.
2. Ability to establish processes to maintain excellent standards of business governance.
3. Track record of providing a high level of support to senior managers and partners.
4. Experience of managing staff.
5. Excellent planning, prioritisation and organisational skills.
6. Advanced IT and keyboard skills and knowledge of MS Office applications.
7. Proactive, confident self-starter, able to proactively solve issues.
8. Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels with a strong ability to build relationships.
9. Positive and flexible work attitude with ability to meet the needs of the business.
If you are interested in further information including a full Job Description please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject heading of “Office Manager Role”. If you would like an informal discussion about this opportunity, contact 01225 386808 and ask to speak to the CEO who will be able to assist.
The intended timescale for interview is the week commencing the 29th February 2016.
We apologise that due to the expected high volume of applicants, we are unable to communicate with those not called forward for interview.
Closing date: 19 February 2016
Interview date: 29 February 2016
Employer: The Injured Jockeys Fund
Salary: Competitive salary dependant on experience
Location: Jack Berry House, Old Malton Road, Malton, North Yorkshire
Job Type: Permanent (Full time)
How to Apply: Please email your CV (no longer than 2 pages) with a cover letter outlining your experience and why you are the ideal candidate for the role to email@example.com
SPORTS REHABILITATION ASSISTANT
An exciting opportunity to join the Injured Jockeys Fund performance team at Jack Berry House. This new facility provides physiotherapy, hydrotherapy and strength and conditioning for a proactive approach to injury prevention and sports rehabilitation.
In this full time role you will play an important part of the multi-disciplinary team that provides services to Jockeys and other clients. You will have an active input into rehabilitation both from a soft tissue aspect and exercise prescription, therefore a thorough understanding and good experience in the reconditioning of sports injuries is essential.
Working as a key part of a first class team means we are looking for someone with a can do attitude who can build respectful relationships with clients. You will have the ability to work flexibly and assist with the day to day running of Jack Berry House, including some administrative support.
Successful applicants will be shortlisted for interview and will be notified as soon as possible. The interview will involve both a formal interview and practical component.
Closing date: 31 January 2016
Interview date: 15 February 2016