Coupons by Exercise - 2 results
Employer: The British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences
Salary: £22,284-£30,807 (depending on expertise and experience)
Location: Headingley, Leeds with travel out of the office
Job Type: Fixed Term (Full time)
How to Apply: Please email a letter of application (1-page maximum) and CV (2-page maximum) combined in a one Word document file (named by your surname) to Jane Bairstow, firstname.lastname@example.org
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
About the role:
The role, which is being offered initially on a 2 years fixed-term basis, is a newly created one to develop and implement marketing and communications strategies across our key activities and services. It provides an opportunity to work at the cutting-edge of sport and exercise sciences and make a difference. The aim of the role includes delivering the BASES strategic vision of being recognised as the UK’s leading professional body in sport and exercise sciences.
This involves responsibility for:
• Developing and delivering marketing and communication strategies in relation to BASES events and services (including membership, sponsorship, conferences, workshops, webinars, publications and standards)
• Continuing to evolve and develop the Membership offer to ensure products and services remain relevant and competitive at all times
• Increasing membership recruitment and retention
• Extending and promoting the work of BASES locally, regionally, nationally and internationally
• Enhancing the relations between, and promoting BASES effectively to, key stakeholders.
The successful applicant will need to work autonomously and be able to ‘hit the ground running’ from day one.
BASES stands for the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences. BASES is the professional body for sport and exercise sciences in the UK (established in 1984). Its vision is to be recognised as the UK’s leading professional body delivering excellence in sport and exercise sciences. We are a small team of 5, reporting to an Executive Director and Board. Our typical membership includes practitioners, researchers, academics and students and our focus bridges both physical activity for health and sport and performance.
• Map out and agree a marketing and communications strategy in accordance with the BASES strategic plan and drive that strategy
• Identify and produce quality targeted marketing materials that are commercially driven and in accordance with BASES standards and guidelines
• Develop BASES current and prospective membership and stakeholders database to deliver marketing campaigns and analysis, ensuring content is targeted to particular customer segments and delivery rate is maximised
• Act as the key contact for all marketing and communication enquiries
• Conduct market research to determine market requirements for future and existing projects
• Develop creative projects and attend/speak at events to further support BASES awareness
• Adopt relevant social media techniques commensurate with BASES essence, tone and style to build BASES awareness
• Ensure messaging and content of the BASES website is verbally and visually strong to increase user-experience and visitors
• Ensure BASES brand guidelines and integrity on all communications and imagery
• Attend weekly team meetings
• Produce regular reports to the Executive Director
• Undertake any other reasonable instruction as requested by the Executive Director.
• Honours degree essential
• Marketing and communications experience at a similar level to this role essential
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills with an ability to work at all levels, individually on a project or in a team environment
• Flexible approach to work
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Track record of achievement, enthusiastic and dynamic, organised and delivery focused with ability to work to targets and tight deadlines
• Team player
• Strong pc software knowledge and skills
• Active user of social media networks
• Experience in organising events
• Interest in sport and exercise sciences
• In possession of a valid UK driving licence and with the use of a car
• Ability to travel around the UK
• Ability to work some unsociable hours as required
• Experience of working with volunteers.
BASES offers a competitive benefit package that includes:
• 35 days’ paid holiday per annum
• Employer pension contribution of 6%
• Gym membership – an annual £200 non-transferable gym pass allowance for all full-time employees
• Eyesight test – BASES will reimburse up to £50 annually for a sight test and towards the cost of glasses for all employees who use a Visual Display Unit (VDU) on a regular basis as part of their job
• Childcare Vouchers
• Cycle to Work Scheme.
Informal enquiries can be made to: Dr Claire Hitchings, BASES Executive Director. Email email@example.com
Closing date: 1 March 2016
Interview date: 17 March 2016
Employer: University of Warwick
Salary: £16,357 – £17,703 pa
Location: University of Warwick
Job Type: Permanent (Full time)
How to Apply: Apply online at http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/humanresources/jobsintro/
HEALTH AND FITNESS INSTRUCTOR
We are looking for someone who is passionate about being active and interacts well with people and can encourage and motivate our staff and student population to keep active. Alongside this, you will be required to hold a minimum Level 3 Gym Qualification and an exercise to music and a first aid qualification is also desirable.
You will also be required to have; significant experience of working in a gym environment, sound knowledge related to health and safety within a gym facilities, a thorough understanding of instruction of cardio vascular, static resistance and free weight equipment, excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, the ability to work well in a team and a willingness to undertake further training relevant to the role.
Closing date: 1 February 2016
Interview date: 15 February 2016