Coupons by Rugby - 20 results
Employer: The Welsh Rugby Union Limited
Salary: Band 1 – Competitive
Location: WRU National Centre of Excellence, Hensol, South Wales, CF72 8JY
Job Type: Permanent (Full time)
How to Apply: Applications must be made in writing. A covering letter and CV should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and the job title of the role you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail.
The Welsh Rugby Union is seeking to appoint a Performance Coach Manager who will be responsible for leading the establishment and delivery of a performance coach development framework which will enhance the pathway for top class coaches. The successful candidate will also work closely with all teams associated within the player pathway to ensure the Rugby Department achieves its high performance goals for the game in Wales.
The WRU is looking for a vibrant enthusiastic person with drive who is willing to be innovative and understands what it takes to deliver at a high performance level within a sporting environment.
It is not essential for the applicant to come from a rugby background but they should have experience of coaching systems and pathways from a high level sporting organisation.
Key Responsibilities, Task and Activities include:
• Develop the WRU Coach Development strategy in order to establish,
implement and manage the delivery of an excellent coach development
programme for the following coaches: National Age Grade Coaches, LV Coaches, B and I Coaches, Premiership Coaches, Level 3 Coaches working toward Level 4 and Level 4 Coaches
• Implement a system that enables the WRU to further identify, mentor
and develop excellent coaches within the WRU coaching pathway.
• Assist in the establishment and fostering of key strategic partnerships
that aid and support excellent coach development within the WRU.
• Develop a system of constant interaction and CPD for coaches to aspire
to Regional and National level.
• Establish, drive, lead and deliver the WRU “Level 4“ Course
• Support the Coach Development Manager on all coaching qualifications
within the WRU (Levels 1, 2 and 3) to ensure alignment between the
levels and systems.
• Support the “Head of Rugby Performance” in talent spotting for future
• Through the vehicle of the Professional Player Development Programme
to assist with the transition of International players who are nearing the
end of their career into the performance coaching system.
• As part of a team ensure the effective and consistent sharing of best
practice is delivered to the broader structure of the game in Wales
• Carry out duties to help support the WRU/PS mission statement in line
with the WRU Group values
Closing date: 16 September 2016
Employer: Bloxham School
Salary: To be discussed at interview
Job Type: Fixed Term (Full time)
How to Apply: Please apply using the online application which can be downloaded from our vacancy page http://www.bloxhamschool.com/welcome-to-bloxham/staff-vacancies/ and email the completed application to email@example.com.
- Work effectively as a member of the rugby department to improve the quality of teaching, coaching and learning.
- The successful applicant will also have experience in one of the other major games of the school is also desirable. (netball/hockey/tennis/cricket)
- Assist with any S&C work in the school’s gym for all pupils for a wide variety of sports and fitness goals.
- Teach, coach and lead sports activities and other extra-curricular sessions as required.
- Assist with organisation of inter-house school competitions.
- Assist with the school’s hosting of opposition pupils, staff and parents on match days.
- May assist with extra-curricular activities in the Lower School (ages 11 to 13).
- Undertake any reasonable tasks as directed by the head of rugby.
- Act as a role-model to pupils through personal presentation and professional conduct.
- Attend departmental INSET training.
If you have any questions regarding this post, please call telephone 01295 724321.
Closing Date for Applications: 15th September 2016.
Employer: English Institute of Sport
Salary: £27,577 – £34,860 p.a.
Job Type: Permanent (Full time)
How to Apply: Apply online at https://www.cloudonlinerecruitment.co.uk/EIS/VacancyDetails.aspx?VacancyID=79
Grade: Level 2 (Physio)
Benefits: 29 days holiday, career average pension scheme
JOB DESCRIPTION – PHYSIOTHERAPIST (working with RFU Men England Rugby 7s)
Hours of Work: Such hours as necessary to carry out your duties. This will involve a minimum of 37 hours per week and may include working outside normal office hours at evenings and weekends and on Public Holidays.
Location: The normal place of work is Lensbury Club, Middlesex. The EIS base will be the Bisham HIgh Performance Centre. However the EIS may from time to time require you to travel to and work at other offices and competition venues both nationally and internationally.
The sucessful applicant will provide and develop physiotherapy support services to World Class Programme athletes. Working collaboratively with the interdisciplinary athlete support team, this position will underpin strategies to optimise athlete health and wellbeing to minimise time-loss and maximise performance in training and competition.
MAIN TASKS AND ACTIVITIES
Work with the Technical Lead Physiotherapist, Performance Lead, EIS and national governing body (NGB) support staff to improve performance through implementing, evaluating and developing physiotherapy services.
Contribute to the development and delivery of athlete healthy strategies in Rugby 7’s to optimise performance.
Deliver physiotherapy services ro Rugby 7’s athletes.
Identify and deliver individualised athlete management and rehabilitation programmes and targeted injury risk management strategies to enhance performance in collaboration with the interdisciplinary athlete support team, coaches and athletes.
Ensure that the delivery of the physiotherapy services effectively meets its commitments to athletes, coaches and National Governing Bodies.
Utilise the electronic medical records system (PDMS) for accurate record keeping and injury surveillance analysis to inform athlete health decision making.
Participate in the delivery of project work or applied research in Rugby 7’s and across the organisation as appropriate.
Within the rules of professional confidentiality liaise with athletes, parents, coaches and other support staff as appropriate.
Comply with Professional Codes of Conduct, standards and guidelines.
Contribute to knowledge sharing and development across the organisation to support the development of world class physiotherapy services.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organisation.
Closing date: 29 September 2016
Interview Date: 10th October 2016
Employer: Rugby Football Union
Job Type: Fixed Term
How to Apply: please send your CV, cover letter and to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The RFU has an exciting opportunity for an individual to join the content team for a year.
This role will provide an individual with valuable experience working in the RFU Content team across a varied remit.
This role would be suitable for a recent journalism graduate or someone seeking a university placement.
Key responsibilities will include:
·Writing news stories, match reports and features from all levels of the game from the England senior team to the grassroots game both for the England Rugby website and printed publications
·Interviewing players, coaches, and volunteers to produce stories about the game
·Updating and building pages of the EnglandRugby.com website
·Assisting in the production of content for and the running of England Rugby social media channels
·Assisting in video shoots
·Assisting on content planning and reporting performance of content
The successful candidate will have:
·A credible degree level qualification in journalism or be studying for one
·Excellent writing skills
·Great interview technique
·Strong knowledge of social media
·Knowledge of video production would be a plus
· A good knowledge of rugby
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
·Have an instinct for an interesting news angle at any level of rugby
·Self-starter – willing to adapt, react and generate ideas
·Collaborative, team player, personable and inquisitive
·Aware of and interested in digital trends and developments in the digital publishing space
·Willingness to work unscheduled hours, which may include evenings and weekends.
We are looking for the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.
Closing date for all applications is Thursday 9th September 2016.
Employer: Darlington Mowden Park RFC
Location: Darlington Arena, DL2 1DL
Job Type: Full Time
How to Apply: please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com
_________________________________________________________Following promotion runs and a groundbreaking deal to acquire the 25,000 seater Darlington Arena, ambitious club Darlington Mowden Park have opening for a Sponsorship & Business Development Manager. The exciting post will be a key part of the clubs growing off field team with excellent development opportunities.Revival of the Northern Echo Arena, which is now the second largest English rugby venue aside from Twickenham Stadium, in conjunction with the Club’s broad strategic plans that have already seen coup involvements such as New Zealand All blacks and Rugby World Cup, represent opportunity for the correct candidate to gain unprecedented exposure and to become part of a pioneering sports organisation.Key areas of focus will be:
- Development, sale and account management of sponsorships and corporate partnerships
- Development and sale of corporate products and hospitality across various Club activities
- Growth and development of corporate and hospitality client networks
- Development, sale and management of a number of corporate led events
- Generally working with the off-field team to develop a best in class commercial operation
Closing Date: 21st September 2016
Employer: Rugby Football Union
Job Type: Full Time
How to Apply: To apply please send your CV, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key responsibilities will include:
Legal & Governance
- Providing reliable, relevant and cost-effective legal advice and support to the RFU, Council and Board.
- Taking decisive action on legal matters, assessing contentious and non-contentious issues and handling in-house legal expertise against the need to seek managed external advice.
- The effective assessment, minimisation, protection and control of risks and vulnerability within the RFU.
- Providing advice on all legal aspects of player and club registration and contracts; ensuring that these issues are handled accurately, effectively, and efficiently at all times.
- Preparing, reviewing and (where appropriate) negotiating key contracts for the RFU. Ensuring that all third party contracts and agreements bring minimum risk and maximum advantage to the RFU at all times.
- To represent the RFU in ensuring the effective handling and successful resolution of all disputes and negotiations.
- To act as company secretary for the RFU and various RFU joint venture and subsidiary companies.
- To be responsible to the Board for ensuring that Board procedures are followed and applicable internal and external rules, regulations and codes of practice are complied with.
- Assisting the Chairman of the RFU Governance Standing Committee with managing the Committee’s role within the RFU, including the preparation of necessary papers, agenda and minutes.
- To be the custodian of the RFU’s constitution – ensuring that this is upheld at all times.
- Ensuring that the RFU governs the game through effective regulatory game governance.
- Ensuring that agreed protocols are strictly adhered to, recommending and implementing, improvements as appropriate.
- Ensuring improvements in probity, governance, and efficiency, to agreed targets and standards.
- Leading and developing the Legal & Governance, Discipline and Safeguarding teams.
- Ensuring that spending is within departmental budgets and personal authorisation limits, securing maximum value for money in the most economic and cost-effective way.
- Ensuring the RFU Discipline Policy is adhered to and player and club disciplinary issues are dealt with effectively, efficiently, and in accordance with agreed, fair, and robust procedures.
- Ensuring effective investigation and prosecution for all RFU Disciplinary casework, including appeals.
- Ensuring effective provision of advice on all disciplinary issues.
- Monitoring disciplinary trends with a view to improving disciplinary standards and procedures throughout the game.
- To be responsible for safeguarding the welfare of children and vulnerable adults within the game.
- Ensuring effective education around the RFU Safeguarding Policy within the RFU, Clubs and CBs to promote and raise awareness of safeguarding issues.
Qualifications and Experience:
- English law or other EU qualified solicitor/ barrister, with a substantial knowledge of English law.
- Credible post qualification legal experience in private practice or in-house roles, ideally having trained with a leading city or national law firm.
- Proven leadership experience at senior manager level including setting of and delivering against strategic and annual business plans.
- Experience of leading and managing teams and individuals.
- Experience of working with a diverse range of stakeholders and proven success at building and maintaining excellent working relationships with these stakeholders.
- An understanding and knowledge of the laws of rugby union and how the game is run and managed.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic, strong, collaborative leader with a desire to get the best out of people and teams. The role requires an ambitious, innovative and a visionary leader with clear determination and belief and ability to install these qualities in others. A strategic thinker and planner with the ability to draw a wider variety of elements into a common strategy and purpose is essential. First rate communication, negotiation and contract drafting skills along with creative problem solving skills and excellent judgement in ambiguous situations are critical for this role. Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to establish, maintain and invest time in a wide variety of internal and external relationships effectively communicating complex topics and concepts to a diverse audience are vital. Sound commercial awareness and understanding is essential for the role.
Closing Date: 12.00am 11 September 2016.
Employer: Rugby Football Union
Job Type: Fixed Term (Full Time)
How to Apply: To apply please send your cover letter, CV and salary expectations to email@example.com
The RFU has an outstanding opportunity for a Commercial Partnerships Account Partner to join the team on a 12 months FTC maternity cover. The role of the Commercial Partnerships Account Partner is to lead the management and delivery of an assigned group of RFU Partners including at least one Tier 1 partner. You will be responsible for establishing a clear long term strategic plan for each partner which also delivers against RFU strategic priorities. The role will oversee all contractual obligations, develop new and creative ways to optimise relationships and create value for both parties. To manage a team to deliver the partnership and support the Head of Commercial Partnerships and the Head of Business Development in recruiting new partners and renewing existing deals, leading as required.
- Ensure the needs of both Partners and the RFU are met and that you have a robust understanding of the partner brands and businesses.
- Ensure that the relationship with all Partners is managed successfully, contractual rights are professionally delivered and that you constantly challenge yourself and the team to develop new and innovative ways to provide value to both the Partner and the RFU.
- Ensure that all aspects of the relationship are effectively managed through you and your team, including establishing clear and agreed campaign plans and objectives against each of their core rights e.g. grassroots/ match day.
- Ensure that all RFU departments are engaged in the partnerships and provide the necessary support to deliver against Partner objectives, with constant communication and collaboration.
- Provide management support and guidance to the Account Managers and Account Executives who support you on the delivery of the Partner accounts or in managing their own accounts.
- To have a solid understanding of the contractual process including excellent attention to detail, experience in developing partner prospects and negotiation, as well as the ability to develop new business proposals.
- To develop a partnership approach that focuses on quality of experience and high value client servicing of each partner.
- Assist in the development of new revenue streams for the commercial department from Partners and through new ideas and propositions.
- To foster the best possible professional and personal relationships with Partners, agencies and internal stakeholders.
- The ability to prioritise and manage workload to ensure that there is an appropriate level of support for all Partners.
- To ensure that meetings, debriefs and learnings take place on a regular basis.
- To be on duty at Twickenham match days to oversee match Partner rights and host and entertain clients.
- To ensure that the RFU’s brand and corporate identities are fully implemented and correctly used across all Partner activation.
- To assist the commercial team in delivering stadium branding solutions and new business opportunities.
- To support the team in delivering any Partner events, leading as appropriate.
The successful applicant will have an excellent skills set across sponsor servicing, marketing, PR and event management and have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Motivated by personal achievement as well as team success, the role holder will exhibit drive and personal ambition whilst able to work autonomously when required. Attention to detail is imperative; IT literate, with a good knowledge of Word and Excel, with Outlook is preferred. An interest in sport and an awareness of the structure and operation of the game in England is preferable.
- Degree level education or higher desirable, but not essential
- Credible and relevant experience, preferably from a sponsorship or marketing background, either for a brand or within an agency
- Substantial experience managing high level client accounts
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of sports marketing
- Proficient event management experience
- Experience of managing direct reports
The closing date for applications is 11 September 2016.
Employer: Rugby Football League
Salary: £32,500-£36,500 (pro rata – 2 months)
Location: Red Hall, Leeds
Job Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please send in your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at The RFL the national governing body for Rugby Football League. We seek to appoint a Head of Elite Performance Analysis based at our offices in Leeds.
You will act to support the England Head Coach, coaching staff and elite athletes working in a high performance environment by providing individual and team analysis on Super League, NRL, International matches and training sessions. Lead on project delivery, budget management and innovation interventions.
In order to be successful, you will need to be able to demonstrate extensive experience as a First Team Performance Analyst in either Super League, NRL or Premiership including performance analysis experience within International rugby league teams. The applicant must be highly proficient in the Fairplay Video Analysis software package, Fusion Smartabase Athlete Management system and GPS tracking software. You will possess a degree in Sport and Exercise Science or Performance Analysis and/or a related discipline. The applicant must hold a UAV controllers certificate to be able to operate in both the UK and Australia and have extensive experience in the operational use.
In return for your efforts we offer a competitive salary, 39-hour week, 23-days holiday, health insurance and a chance to be part of this exciting and growing business.
Appointment may be made subject to a DBS check.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 1st September 2016
If you are an applicant with disability who meets the essential requirements of the job we will interview you. We would be pleased to receive applications in alternative formats.
The RFL is committed to equality through diversity.
Employer: Rugby Football Union
Location: West Berkshire
Job Type: Permanent (Full time)
How to Apply: Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Community Rugby Coaches (CRCs) will be focused on supporting our member clubs to increase the number of players, particularly in the 14 – 24 age group. This will involve targeted coaching contributing to the growth in schools, colleges, universities and other community settings & supporting their transition into clubs. You will have a strong focus on increasing participation in the 15-a-side game although you will have involvement in the Sevens and Touch.
The CRC will also play an active role in supporting teachers and others in increasing their knowledge of, and confidence to deliver, the game. Building strong relationships with local rugby clubs you will help to strengthen their capacity and performance through the delivery of high quality coaching with targeted groups of players, through the provision of mentoring/support to voluntary club coaches and by identifying and training potential coaches.
Key responsibilities will include:
Delivery of high quality coaching to groups, and in environments, as directed by the Rugby Development Officer
Working with Club Coaching Coordinators (CCCs) in identified clubs to support the development of existing coaches and the identification/training of new coaches
Mentoring and support of existing coaches in clubs, especially those newly qualified, improving their knowledge and confidence
Support teachers, lecturers and other adults in schools, colleges and universities to introduce the game to students and to improve the quality of provision
Support the transition of young people from the education environment to the club environment through development and delivery of creative initiatives
Provision of specialist clinics/coaching courses with players/coaches utilising personal specialism/experience – e.g. front row work, kicking coaching
To succeed in this role, you must have experience of coaching Rugby Union to young people and adults in a range of environments, in line with the RFU Coach Development model and experience of supporting and mentoring other coaches. You will also be committed and able to work regular weekend and evening hours to meet the needs of clubs, schools, colleges and universities.
You must also hold a minimum of RFU level 2 coaching qualification, with an ELRA and first aid qualification as desirable. You will also be able to communicate effectively and to present a highly professional image when representing the RFU; establish positive working relationships with voluntary and professional staff in clubs, schools, colleges and universities and balance a determined application of the role with a sense of fun and enjoyment.
The post holder will be expected to cover West Berkshire, and will need to to live on or be willing to relocate to the area.
Closing date for applications is Friday 12th August.
Location: Various UK
Job Type: Fixed Term (Part Time)
How to Apply: Please FILL IN THE FOLLOWING FORM and return via email to JennyBox@RFU.com or by post to Jenny Box, Volunteer Engagement Manager, Rugby House, Twickenham Stadium, 200 Whitton Road, Twickenham TW2 7BA.
The RFU National Youth Council (NYC) is a group of 16 – 24 year olds from across the country, involved in all aspects of the game, working directly with the wider Rugby Football Union to highlight the views of young people.
With up to 1 million young people having access to rugby through schools and colleges by 2019, the RFU believes it is vital that young people impact the decision making process and have their say across England Rugby.
The NYC will act as a consultative body for the RFU at a national level and will focus on the following key areas:
- Retention of players aged 16 – 24 in Rugby union
- Influencing and delivering the Young Rugby Ambassador programme
- Work as a youth focus group for the RFU having a direct influence on new RFU initiatives and project
National Youth Council member responsibilities:
- 16 – 24 years old and currently involved in Rugby Union as a player, coach, referee, administrator, volunteer, fan or young leader.
- Passionate about the growth and development of Rugby Union
- Able to attend 4 meetings per year at locations across the country
- Willing to attend events with the RFU or involving Young Rugby Ambassadors throughout the year
- Committed to the NYC with the time and desire to dedicate to moving the youth game and National Youth Council forward
- Behave in a responsible and considerate manner at all times when seen to be representing the RFU and the National Youth Council
Desirable Personal Qualities:
- Actively involved in rugby
- An inspiring ambassador for England Rugby
- Experience within rugby union in a leadership capacity or as a role model for young people
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn and develop yourself
- Ability to self-motivate with strong initiative and good organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and
- Ability to travel independently
What we will offer in return:
A role on the NYC will allow you to develop new skills, build your rugby network and make a real difference. Working alongside fellow council members you will set the work plan for the NYC. You will be encouraged to identify key opportunities as well as implementing the plan and actively working towards the year’s goals.
Appropriate expenses will be reimbursed and there will be opportunities for CPD to develop your skills and bolster your CV in working towards your future career.
Term of Office:
Training and Experience:
No previous training, specific qualifications or youth community experience is necessary but an enthusiasm for and commitment to developing the RFU and sporting participation is essential.
Deadline for applications is midnight on Monday 15 August 2016.