BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Employer: Scottish Swimming
Salary: Honorarium of circa £1250 net + expenses
Location: Stirling, Scotland
Job Type: Part Time
How to Apply: Apply online at https://scottish-swimming.workable.com/jobs/314763
Scottish Swimming seeks committed individuals with a passion for sport in Scotland to fulfil two vacancies on the organisations Board of Directors. Working as part of a team, the successful candidates will have an understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing the sport and possess the necessary leadership qualities to drive the strategic direction of Scottish Swimming.
As a member of the Board of Directors you will contribute to the strategic running of the Company and together with the Chairperson and CEO, report to the membership annually and focus on the following specific tasks:
- Planning for the continuous development of the Company.
- Challenge and support the work of the management team, ensuring the Company delivers against the corporate plan through achieving the annual targets.
- Ensure the Company delivers against its agreed budget.
- Act as Board Project Sponsor for a variety of company projects, bringing outside knowledge, experience and innovation to the Company.
- Maintain a current knowledge of the Board’s activities, the work of Scottish Swimming and the work of the relevant disciplines and partner associations.
- Promoting Scottish Swimming and its objectives within all appropriate forums.
These challenging roles will suit highly motivated and committed individuals, who feel they can make a positive contribution to Scottish Swimming’s future and are available to attend up to six Board meetings per year( normally held in Stirling).
Having carried out a full “Skills Gap Analysis” of the current Board profile, Scottish Swimming is keen to recruit one candidate with strong knowledge around Scottish Education, including school and Higher/Further Education; Local Authority and Leisure Trusts; and another with more general skills, knowledge and understanding of aquatics in Scotland.
Scottish Swimming is committed to selecting Board Directors solely on the basis of their ability to do the job for which they are being recruited, and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Closing date for applications: Monday 12th September
Interviews: Will take place late September