HEAD OF COMMUNICATIONS
Employer: UK Sport
Salary: £52,024 – £63,060
Job Type: Permanent (Full time)
How to Apply: Please send your CV with a covering letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role to by 5pm on 20 November to firstname.lastname@example.org _________________________________________________________
Inspired by the achievements of our British athletes at the Rio Games?
Got what it takes to lead the Communications Team at UK Sport, the government’s high performance sports agency responsible for delivering record-breaking medal success in London, Sochi and now Rio.
Want to join us on the journey to PyeongChang and Tokyo? Then we want to hear from you!
We are searching for an experienced, highly competent and capable Head of Communications to lead and develop our high performing Communications Team to deliver UK Sport’s vision of inspiring the nation through Olympic and Paralympic success through strategic, well-planned and professionally executed communications maximising the use of all owned and earned channels to reach a range of key audiences.
We are looking for someone who has the following skills and experience:
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Ability to lead, develop and motivate a professional and highly competent Communications Team
• Experience of long-term strategic planning, creative development and innovative thinking to deliver effective results for the business
• Ability to lead an effective account management portfolio
• A first class media operator with a proven track record of working effectively with the media, developing good working relations with relevant journalists and strong news sense and judgement.
• Experience of developing and delivering effective communication strategies to deliver specific outcomes and objectives
• Experience of leading and developing end-to-end campaigns from concept initiation, planning, development, delivery to evaluation
• Practical experience of understanding how to deploy a wide-range of communication tools and channels, including digital and social media to reach a wide range of audiences effectively
• High quality communications skills, including written and verbal communications
• Crisis communications handling and ability to keep a calm head under pressure
• A real interest and understanding of Olympic and Paralympic sport and the sector
UK Sport offer a competitive benefit package, for further information on working for UK Sport and our benefits package, please click here.
To help us measure progress; please complete our online equality monitoring form when submitting your application.
UK Sport guaranteed interview scheme
As a Jobcentreplus awarded employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability providing they meet the minimum requirements for the role. The Equality Act 2010 defines disability as “a person has a disability if s/he has a physical or mental impairment which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on their ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities”. Please state whether this may apply to you in the equality monitoring form.
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date please assume that you application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
UK SPORT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
UK Sport is a recognised equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief and gender.
Closing date: 20 November 2016
Interview date: 30 November 2016