Employer: Rounders England
Salary: Voluntary with expenses paid
Location: Board meetings in London, Head Office Sheffield
Job Type: Volunteer (Part time)
How to Apply: Please send cv and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rounders England is the national governing body for the sport in England. Their mission is to ‘Ignite the Passion’ that many people have for Rounders and to grow participation across the country. It is at an exciting time in its development. There is significant participation growth, a healthy league structure with over 200 teams and Rounders has the ability to easily reach people to provide a fun sport and help enable active lifestyles. It is extremely well placed to grow the current participation levels of the sport with children and teenagers in schools and colleges, which is already at healthy levels.
Rounders England is now seeking an Independent Chair to join the Board of ten members and lead the oversight of the delivery of the vision and strategy, which corresponds well with the new Sport England strategy.
Key responsibilities and skills required:
• Provide leadership to the Board, ensuring effective management of governance and oversight processes, whilst adopting a strategic approach to increasing participation
• Demonstrate independence, impartiality and integrity
• Act as a figurehead for the sport
• Contribute to strategy concerning the development of new commercial revenue streams, alongside the current Sport England funding
• Share Rounders England’s ambition to continue to grow the participation and memberships across communities, clubs and schools.
Candidates for the position should be able to demonstrate Board leadership together with good governance knowledge, a customer-led approach and an open style of communication. Candidates do not need to have experience from within the sport sector.
Closing date: 30 September 2016