LEGACY DEVELOPMENT SQUAD SWIMMING COACHES
Employer: London Aquatic Centre Performance Programme
Salary: £15.00 to £20.00 p/hr (depending on experience and qualifications)
Location: London Aquatic Centre
Job Type: Permanent (Part time)
How to Apply: Enquiries and applications should be made to Alexander MacDonald on A.Macdonald2@uel.ac.uk.
Welcome to the London Aquatics Centre Performance Programme (LACPP). Based at the iconic and world class London Aquatics Centre on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. The LACPP provides a talent pathway to elite swimming success from ASA learn to swim level 7 through to Elite senior swimmers. Formed in 2014, as part of the Olympic Legacy, the programme is nearing the end of year 2 and has nearly 100 members already. We have 5 Legacy Squads for entry level competitive swimming, through to National Youth and National Senior squads with Olympic and National level swimmers.
The programme is now seeking experienced and enthusiastic qualified coaches, with a good understanding of LTAD, to join our coaching team and support the National Youth Coach in delivering coaching across our Legacy and National Youth squads, as we seek to expand from the new swimming season in September. Successful applicants will receive quality mentoring from our head coach Lisa Bates, who is representing Team GB this summer with the Olympic swimming squad. Coaches will also receive CPD support to ensure they can become the best coach possible for the programme.
• UKCC Level 2 Coaching Qualification (or equivalent)
• Understanding of LTAD
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to work early mornings, evenings and weekends to cover training, competitions and club-related meetings
• Currently hold or willing to undergo a DBS check with the ASA
• Be available to start in early September.
• UKCC Level 3
• Land training qualification
• Administration and computing skills
• Proven record of developing swimmers
Closing date: 23 September 2016