PERFORMANCE COACH MANAGER
Employer: The Welsh Rugby Union Limited
Salary: Band 1 – Competitive
Location: WRU National Centre of Excellence, Hensol, South Wales, CF72 8JY
Job Type: Permanent (Full time)
How to Apply: Applications must be made in writing. A covering letter and CV should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and the job title of the role you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail.
The Welsh Rugby Union is seeking to appoint a Performance Coach Manager who will be responsible for leading the establishment and delivery of a performance coach development framework which will enhance the pathway for top class coaches. The successful candidate will also work closely with all teams associated within the player pathway to ensure the Rugby Department achieves its high performance goals for the game in Wales.
The WRU is looking for a vibrant enthusiastic person with drive who is willing to be innovative and understands what it takes to deliver at a high performance level within a sporting environment.
It is not essential for the applicant to come from a rugby background but they should have experience of coaching systems and pathways from a high level sporting organisation.
Key Responsibilities, Task and Activities include:
• Develop the WRU Coach Development strategy in order to establish,
implement and manage the delivery of an excellent coach development
programme for the following coaches: National Age Grade Coaches, LV Coaches, B and I Coaches, Premiership Coaches, Level 3 Coaches working toward Level 4 and Level 4 Coaches
• Implement a system that enables the WRU to further identify, mentor
and develop excellent coaches within the WRU coaching pathway.
• Assist in the establishment and fostering of key strategic partnerships
that aid and support excellent coach development within the WRU.
• Develop a system of constant interaction and CPD for coaches to aspire
to Regional and National level.
• Establish, drive, lead and deliver the WRU “Level 4“ Course
• Support the Coach Development Manager on all coaching qualifications
within the WRU (Levels 1, 2 and 3) to ensure alignment between the
levels and systems.
• Support the “Head of Rugby Performance” in talent spotting for future
• Through the vehicle of the Professional Player Development Programme
to assist with the transition of International players who are nearing the
end of their career into the performance coaching system.
• As part of a team ensure the effective and consistent sharing of best
practice is delivered to the broader structure of the game in Wales
• Carry out duties to help support the WRU/PS mission statement in line
with the WRU Group values
Closing date: 16 September 2016