RACE TEAM NUMBER ONE MECHANIC
Location: Woking, UK
Job Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Apply online at https://careers.mclaren.com/job/Woking-Race-Team-Number-One-Mechanic/325835501/
Purpose of the Role:
To be responsible for the building of Formula One cars, car sub-assemblies, individual car components and associated support equipment; both at and away from McLaren Technology Centre.
Race Team Manager
Race Team Chief Mechanic
The role holder will be responsible for;
- Responsible for car conformance to the build specification and car set up sheet
- Responsible for car and “front of house” garage presentation.
- Supporting and contributing to the effective planning for manpower utilisation in order to achieve daily schedules and achieve service turnaround dates.
- Working with the Chief Mechanic to ensure appropriate behaviours are demonstrated within the Team, and any issues are addressed in a prompt and efficient manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience of delivering quality components to extremely tight and demanding deadlines with conflicting priorities.
- Experience of working in a highly technical engineering function.
- Ability to interpret engineering specifications and drawings.
- Ability to contribute to car component fault diagnosis process
- Evidence of a strong understanding of modern Formula One systems and components.
- Proven experience of developing and motivating a team.
- Previous experience of working in a motorsport environment.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Takes the opportunity to proactively use initiative where appropriate.
- Highly self-motivated and able to motivate a team.
- A team player who can support others whilst also getting involved in day to day tasks as necessary.
- Able to lead by example and set expectations accordingly.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Results focused and driven to achieve successful outcome.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively both in the UK and abroad