ROAMING GENERAL MANAGER
TOP GYM JOB_______________
Salary: up to £35,000 + c20% bonus + expenses
Location: South West / South Wales Region, United Kingdom
Job Type: Permanent (Full time)
How to Apply: If you see yourself as an industry-leader of the future, please apply in confidence by submitting an online application here.
The Gym Group is seeking to recruit an exceptional ‘roaming’ General Manager to take-on a variety of short-term leadership roles across the South West Region – this covers sites from Swansea down to Plymouth and across to Portsmouth and up to Gloucester.
As the number of clubs has continued to grow, so has the need for an outstanding General Manager to be available at short notice to take on short-term management assignments within the region. These could vary from a couple of weeks holiday cover or an‘impact’ assignment to strengthen a management team during a period of planned growth through to providing stability following a change in management.
This role requires an experienced H&F industry professional with proven commercial ability who can quickly assess the nature of a particular management challenge and adapt his or her style accordingly.
It is a demanding role that could take you the length and breadth of the country. We’re looking for a self-assured manager who has the skill, experience and confidence to be able to quickly take charge of all aspects of an operation.
– To provide short-term General Management cover as required to Gym Group facilities across the country
– To continue to drive and deliver the commercial performance of a club whilst on assignment.
– To continue to drive and deliver the marketing activity for the club
– To provide management continuity to a club.
– Must be geographically mobile to be able to take up short-term management assignments anywhere in the region.
– Must have a track record of success in a variety of management roles, preferably within the health and fitness sector
– Must have a proven track record in driving sales and coordinating local marketing activities
– Ideally will be REPS level 2 or higher qualified
This is an extremely varied role that offers an excellent opportunity to develop with an exciting and growing business. It is a hands-on leadership role, so you will need to be outgoing and ready to get involved in every aspect of running any of our existing or soon-to-open sites.
As the fastest growing low-cost gym operator we can offer promotion opportunities as we expand. We’ll reward you in line with your performance and offer you a competitive benefits package including 25 days plus bank holidays and pension scheme and a notice period of up to three months.
Closing Date: 31 January 2016