SPORTS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST
Employer: UK Sport
Salary: £33,820 – £41,624
Job Type: Permanent (Full time)
How to Apply: Please send your CV with a covering letter detailing how you meet the competencies set out in the job description for the role by midnight on the deadline date firstname.lastname@example.org
SPORTS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST
UK Sport is leading the drive to create British champions, in our role as the nation’s high performance sports agency responsible for investing in our brightest medal hopes. UK Sport’s investment played a pivotal role in delivering the amazing success achieved by British athletes at the London Olympic and Paralympics Games. Our targets for Rio are even more ambitious.
We are looking for an Analyst to work in a team that develops metrics to monitor and predict Olympic and Paralympic performances at the Rio and future Olympic Games. This work ensures that UK Sport and Sport can more reliably monitor GB Olympic and Paralympic athletes and their competitors and enable UK Sport to make better informed decisions.
• Does the opportunity to play a key role in analysing Olympic and Paralympic Performances in Rio get you going?
• Do you excel in collecting, structuring and manipulating ‘messy’ data sets?
• Have you got the statistical expertise to create reliable metrics to assess and predict performance?
• Do you have the skills to present complex analysis in an understandable manner?
• Does helping Olympic and Paralympic sports to improve their use and understanding of data and analysis excite you?
• Can you work to very tight deadlines whilst maintaining World Class standards?
If the answer to these questions is yes, UK Sport would love to hear from you!
UK Sport offer a competitive benefit package this includes:
• Employer pension contribution of 12%
• Pension Allowance of 4%
• 6 weeks Annual Leave
• Interest free season ticket loans
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity
• Healthy Lifestyle allowance of up to £480 per year
• Childcare Vouchers
• Cycle to Work Scheme
Closing date: 1 February 2016
Interview date: 8 February 2016
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date please assume that you application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
UK SPORT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
UK Sport is a recognised equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief and gender.
To help us measure progress; please complete our online equality monitoring form when submitting your application.
UK Sport guaranteed interview scheme
As a Jobcentreplus awarded employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability providing they meet the minimum requirements for the role. The Equality Act 2010 defines disability as “a person has a disability if s/he has a physical or mental impairment which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on their ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities”. Please state whether this may apply to you in the equality monitoring form.